Monday, November 2, 2009

New Challange

This time of year it is easy for everyone to make excuses and indulge. Of course, I am a firm believer that sometimes you need to indulge a little to stay sane. It is when the indulging becomes continuous that it becomes a real problem.

Today, for instance, everyone in my office brought in their leftover Halloween candy and treats. Ugh. It is everywhere. So much for out of sight, out of mind. To keep me on track I'm starting strict paleo again today until Thanksgiving. Like I have said, I've been staying pretty clean in my eating, but I need to reignite the fire. I need to get pumped about eating clean again.

Thanksgiving is twenty five days away.

My brother in laws wedding is twenty seven days away.

My week long trip to Mexico is thirty three days away.

I don't need to lose weight or trim down for any of these events, but the challenge to myself to be strict with my paleo diet until these events will make sure I am on point when these events come up and I don't go overboard with mashed potatoes, wedding cake and the constant availability of food during my all inclusive vacation.

What are you doing to get yourself mentally prepared for staying on track during the holidays? Have you been able to make any of your holiday favorites paloe friendly? I hope some of you will join in with me again during the next four weeks of super strict paleo. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment