Monday, December 28, 2009

And it Begins...Again...

My fridge is full of good food. Leafy greens, squash, broccoli, asparagus, celery, sweet potatoes, apples, chicken breast, lean ground turkey, lean pork loin and almond butter. Christmas did me in and it is time to get back on track. Sectionals are in two and a half months. My shoulder is healing, slowly. I'm doing everything my power to heal it quickly and be ready to jump into gear when my shoulder decides to like me again. I'm finally to a point where I can do some rehabilitating exercises with five pounds weights. It sounds very sad to be excited about lifting a five pound weight, but trust me, it is better than nothing. I would give anything to be swinging from that pull up bar again. Hopefully another few weeks and I'll be there.

Now my diet is my sole focus. Eat clean. Eat clean. Eat clean. Leaving out the grains and sugar has become second nature, until home baked holiday goodies are around of course. :) Lots of water, protein and fat are in my sights. I made a visit to the Reasor's salad bar during lunch today and it felt like home.

Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment