Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hungry Anyone?

I have had something happen to me over the last few days that has never happened to me...ever.

I haven't been hungry.

I know, crazy right?

Part of me thinks it is because I'm not working out as hard due to my injuries. Which, by the way, are getting so much better! Part of me thinks it could be due to a lot of things going on in my personal life that I am apprehensive about (husband's future job plans). Part of me thinks this second go at strict paleo is just going much better than the first time.

The first month I did paleo I was hungry all the time. I ate things I was supposed to eat, but just in large abundance. Now that I have become much more comfortable with this style of eating, going strict is pretty easy and my body is reacting really well. Instead of snacking on a handful of almonds I have discovered I really only need to eat about six or seven to be satisfied. Instead of craving fruit as a snack in the middle of day, I'm eating 2 oz pieces of chicken breast or homemade turkey sausage. I'm rockin' it!

I made another fun discovery. Avocado oil. I use olive oil on everything, but I have to admit it was getting a bit tired. I picked up some avocado oil last week and have been using that with my lean meats and veggies. It has a great flavor and is still totally paleo friendly! Sometimes it just takes a minor adjustment to make something new and exciting again. I love little victories like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment