Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'm Still Here!

I've been a horrible blogger lately. Partly because I have been busy and partly because I have been a little bit down when it comes to my training.

As I had said earlier I have been battling some hip and shoulder issues over the last month. Overuse, inflammation...bottom line...annoying. I am now a certified level 1 CrossFit trainer which I am incredibly excited about. I had a great certification in Dallas at CrossFit Strong and learned a lot. The nutrition aspect was wonderful. The CrossFit nutrition speakers are amazing and incredibly encouraging. I am happy to report my nutrition has been pretty much spot on the last few weeks. Hooray!

Now my shoulder needs to join the party. My goal is to rest it up the next two weeks. No upper body...even if it doesn't hurt. Pull ups have not bothered it so I was doing them anyway. Probably not incredibly smart because I am not getting better. No more. Two weeks. Total rest.

I must get it better so I can start focusing on getting ready for sectionals in March. They are going to be here soon and I want to be ready. Better to rest now than to hurt later. I hope my nutrition will help me recover quickly or at least keep me at a level where it will be easy to return to where I was fairly fast. Thankfully my hip is on the mend I can still run and jump like a perfectly healthy me.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Ginny! I hope the shoulder is getting better. I noticed you haven't been posting on CFJ for a while. That really sucks! I have been disgusted with my food intake over the holiday. I have committed to going back to paleo. I just feel less gross when I'm eating better.

    ReplyDelete