Friday, February 12, 2010

What A Week

Yes, I've been absent. We have had quite a week in my household. We found out we will be moving to a completely foreign (to me) part of the country this summer. My husband will begin his medical residency that will last for five years in Michigan. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.......

I have come to love Tulsa and I truly love my CrossFit gym. It has literally become like a second home to me. The idea of leaving my CrossFit Jenks family is really tough. I love you all and I do mean that...every single one of you. You make me better and make me smile. Who could ask for more? We laugh together and hurt together. It's awesome. I get to train with a stellar group of athletes. I don't think I am lying when I say it will be almost impossible to find a group like ours anywhere else. I may be biased, but it is the truth.

Anyway, I tell you all of this because this week has been emotionally draining. A lot of ups and downs. Everyone reacts to stress differently. I am not a person that does not eat when I get stressed. I am a person that eats and makes excuses like "I need it because today was tough". I'm not like that on a regular basis, but when it comes to life changing events, I let myself off the hook. Here are a few things I indulged in that I am admitting to all of you:
  • Chick-Fil-A
  • Chili's Chips and Salsa
  • Chocolate Lucky Charms (Seriously? What the heck!)
  • Bread dipped in olive oil
  • Chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream
  • Cheese, cheese, cheese
I tell you all of this because I want everyone to know I am human. I don't eat perfect all the time. When life throws me curve balls I do react in ways that surprise me. Did I really just eat that? What was I thinking? During this week I did eat pretty clean most of the time minus listed indulgences above. To the average person my diet would still have been stellar. However, to me this week was completely unacceptable. My almond butter and bottle of water are back on my desk. My apple is in my purse. I'm ready to get back to being me!

Thankfully, one week of so-so eating didn't kill my performance. I PR'ed Grace this morning at 2:55. That makes me feel better. Learn how you react to stress so you can be prepared when life comes at you too fast. I can paleo no matter where I live. I will have no excuse. Don't get me wrong, I'm very excited about what is ahead of us. I'm just sad about what I have to leave behind.

Now grab some carrots and go watch the Olympics!

No comments:

Post a Comment