Friday, June 25, 2010

Finally...

I have finally had a decent week of nutrition. I've been a bit lackadaisical about it since regionals, but that is over now. The Mr. has left for Michigan so I am on my own. Thankfully, he had a about five servings of our homemade stir fry in the freezer! These make for a fantastic, fast lunch or dinner. I have posted about the stir fry before, but here is a quick reminder if you want to try it for yourself!

Here is all you need:
4 to 6 ounces pre cooked meat (we use chicken, shrimp and scallops)
1 cup of spinach
2 cups of other veggies (broccoli, peppers, asparagus, mushrooms, squash, etc)

Take all that good stuff and throw it in a quart size Ziploc freezer bag. Toss it in the freezer until you are ready to eat!

When you are ready to eat pre heat a skillet pan with the fat of your choosing. We use olive oil and coconut oil. I like to add some minced garlic (and by some I mean A LOT) and pepper. Unload your freezer bag into the skillet and cook until everything is ready to go! Since your meat is pre-cooked this make the process go fast. Super bonus!

Towards the end of the cooking process we add a shake or two of low sodium soy sauce. Pour contents into a bowl and enjoy. This is an extremely paleo/zone friendly meal that takes only minutes from the freezer to your plate. If you lead a busy life and have trouble eating healthily meals because you are just "too tired to cook" try this out! Plus, clean up is easy. Another fantastic plus.

Use a Saturday or Sunday afternoon to prepare your stir fry. We usually make about ten individual servings at a time. Get to work!

I'm going to try to be better about updating! I am about to hit the one year mark in my paleolithic journey. I hope your journey is going well too!

1 comment:

  1. I love that idea of having it all in the freezer. We did fajita meat last week for lunches and I loved having it all prepared ahead of time. Enjoy the garlic - yum!!

    ReplyDelete