I love summer for lots of reasons, but lately I'm loving it for all the wonderful fresh fruit! I've been on a blueberry kick the past month. I was also excited to find out that Michigan, my future home state, is one of the largest blueberry producing states. If you need other incentives other than great flavor to add the lushish blueberry into your diet, here are the top ten health benefits provided by the blueberry according to Women Fitness!
1. They have the highest antioxidant capacity of all fresh fruit.
2. Neutralize free radicals, which can affect the disease and aging of the body.
3. Aid in reducing belly fat. (remember, belly fat is the worst kind of fat...it is hard on your internal organs!)
4. Helps promote urinary tract health. I would explain how the berries help, but it is pretty "science-y"
5. Been proved to preserve vision.
6. Brain health. The good stuff in the berry helps prevent degeneration and death of neurons.
7. Heart disease prevention. High fiber content helps dissolve bad cholesterol!
8. Constipation and digestion benefits.
9. Cancer prevention.
10. They keep you fresh, active, fit, sharp and close to nature!
Enjoy summer time and hit up your local farmer's market for some wonderful summer fruit!