Friday, January 15, 2010

Lecture and Fruit

It has been over a week since my last post. No, I have not fallen off the wagon, it has just been a crazy week.

Tomorrow at CrossFit Jenks there will be a nutrition lecture. There will be lots of good information about the zone and then I will be speaking briefly about paleo. I'm really looking forward to it. I have a brief outline ready to go, but I'm hoping a lot of it will be Q&A. There is so much information it is kind of hard to know exactly what to say so I am going with the basics.

I've been enjoying some great fruit this week. Kumquats and grapefruit. I love my citrus. If you haven't had a kumquat before they are a pretty fun fruit. However, they are pretty high in sugar so eat them sparingly. They are a fun snack though if you need some quick carbs. I have never been able to find them before and I found them Monday at Reasors! Apparently they are in their prime December through June. Enjoy!

On a personal note, this week I have started using both arms again!! I know, it is very exciting. I have been resting my right arm for two entire months. I'm feeling great and using lighter weight to get back in the groove. I've got to build my muscle back up. Today we are doing Jackie. This will be a great benchmark for me since it is light weight. The last time I did was in August when I was feeling great. Hopefully I won't be too far off my PR.

No comments:

Post a Comment