Friday, February 18, 2011

Getting in the Groove!

Ok, first of all I have to vent. I cannot find my favorite Larabar, Cocoa Mole, anywhere!!! It is also no longer listed on the Larabar website with the rest of their flavors. I'm very very sad about this. However, I did have the pleasure of trying a new flavor....Blueberry Muffin. It was delicious. I love blueberries. There is also a Carrot Cake larabar, but I have not tried it yet. If anyone happened to stock up on Cocoa Mole and wants to send me cases of it I would apprecaite it.

On to the better news....

I starting to feel like me again. My life, as you have read, has been in chaos the last year. Moving, moving again, new gyms, new jobs, new friends, old friends, etc. This past weekend I competed in a fun CrossFit event in Oklahoma called Cupid's Revenge. It was put on by CrossFit OKC in Edmond. I competed with my friend Denver from CrossFit Jenks, my old box home which I miss with all of my heart. We competed in 4 wods in one day. Absolutely brutal! It was so much fun being on a team. It pushes you even more because you don't want to let your teammate down. It has a very cool vibe. It has me going back and forth debating on whether I want to try to compete on a team or as an individual this year because I had SO much fun. We will see how it all goes!

We ended up winning the event, which was awesome. The day ended with a back to back FRAN. Yes, after three wods we did FRAN. If you aren't familiar with Fran, she is a good ole CrossFit WOD of 21-15-9 Thrusters (95/65) and pull ups. We finished with a combined time of 6:31....both of us set individual PR's which is kind of insane considering what we had already done that day.










I have done so many new things the past two months since I have been at new CrossFit gyms. I'm learning a lot more about mobility which is helping my shoulders out a lot. I'm also focusing more on core strength and skill work. I finally mastered pistols and did 37 in a WOD about a week ago. YAY! I'm stringing together four muscle ups, ten handstand push ups and now I'm working on getting my L-sits better. Core, core, core! I can tell it is paying off in other movements too. In the last two weeks I have PR'd my Overhead squat by 15 pounds, my back squat by 20 pounds, my front squat by 15 pounds, my clean and jerk by 15 pounds, squat snatch by 10 pounds (hate this one), deadlift by 20 pounds and my bench by 5 pounds!

I'm setting small, obtainable goals. I mark them off and set new ones. It lets me feel accomplishment, but also pushes me. Accomplishing these things has helped me to feel like me again. I'm in the groove. I'm getting stronger. I'm becoming much better at skilled movements.

So far I'm also sticking to my resolution of eating a clean, healthy breakfast! It changes my entire outlook on the day. I've been on a blueberry kick the last week (hence my excitement about the blueberry muffin larabar). I'm also back making my homemade turkey sausage. I'm going to try making some egg casserole or egg muffins next week. It will be a good change from the hard boiled eggs. Anyone have any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Ginny, I make "Kitchen Sink" eggs every week. It is so easy. The result is a cassarole with any combination of veggies, meat, cheese and eggs. They possibilities are endless and you can eat on it all week. http://hotdishhealth.com/2011/01/kitchen-sink-eggs/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginny - you were AMAZING in that Cupid's Revenge. Congrats to you and Denver.

    I tasted my very first Larabar yesterday...carrot cake. I'm hooked. I bought 8 different ones to try. I didn't see the one you're looking for though.

    ReplyDelete