Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snowed In

We have been snowed in for a few days. Today is the first day the Mr. was able to make it work....thanks to an all wheel drive car. Luckily I work from home. The biggest challenge when you can't get out of the house and you want to keep a clean diet is exactly that....keeping a clean diet.

If you keep junk in your house, you are basically done for. I challenge anyone to stay inside for three days and resist the temptation. I don't care how strong willed you are, it just won't happen. Boredom sets in. You get fidgety. You make excuses and go for it. In order to try to avoid disaster or starvation I hit the store Monday afternoon with all the other crazies. I'm so glad I did. In Oklahoma we have a tendency to "overreact" about winter storms. This was no overreaction. We had over a foot of ice and snow where I am and nearby parts of the state had almost 20 inches! Schools and businesses have been shut down since Tuesday.

So what did I stock up on Monday?
*Bacon wrapped fillets (3 oz each...perfect size!)
*Asparagus
*Spinach
*Grapefruit
*Eggs
*Turkey chili stuff
*Celery
*Archer Farms Almond, Peanut and Cashew butter (it is a combo butter and so delicious!)
*Mini larabars

I made the bacon wrapped fillets the first snowed in night and we had enough left over for lunch the next day. They were delicious! Tonight I'm making chili which makes me really happy. There is nothing better than some paleo friendly chili on a cold night.

Having some nice healthy snacks and our super awesome garage gym has kept us sane the last few days. I did enjoy some natural salt and lime popcorn...it was my treat and I enjoyed every bite.

Today I'm going to tackle some snowed in yoga. Flexibility and balance are not my strengths so what better time to focus on some weaknesses than when I have no where else to go?

What do you eat and how do you spend your time when you can't get out of the house?

1 comment:

  1. I missed your post last week while I was snowed in, making biscuits and gravy! Yes I did! I should just not even keep white flour in my kitchen - I had it leftover from Christmas when I made hot rolls for the family. It tasted good, but hubby and I both felt awful the rest of the day. Other than that, it was all primal - eggs, chili, fruit, veggies, almond flour pancakes.

    ReplyDelete