Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Chayote Squash

The other day at Reasor's I was feeling adventurous. I was on the hunt for something new. I picked up a chayote squash. I had never had one before, but it looked interesting. I love squash so I thought I would go for it. Last night I decided it was time to give it a try. I cut up my chayote squash along with some sweet onion and fresh garlic. I put it in a baking dish, drizzled with olive oil, gave it a dash or two of pepper and baked it for about twenty five minutes.

Oh. My. Goodness. My house smelled so wonderful. Honestly, nothing smells better than something baking with fresh garlic. I love that stuff. I was pleasantly surprised with the squash. I think I have found a new favorite. Don't you just love finding new foods that you enjoy?

Chayote squash is a great source of amino acids and vitamin C. Try it out.

1 comment:


  1. This is a great website, so many people need this information, thanks for providing it. I love your color scheme too!

    Jorcel
    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete