Monday, October 19, 2009

Lunch Bust

My fridge is in desperate need of a grocery store run. I've been spending my weekends away from home, so Monday is always an interesting day. I usually pick up something for lunch and go to the store Monday evening after CrossFit to load up on real food. Today for lunch I ventured out to Panera. They have a Chopped Chicken Cobb Salad that I remembered as being fairly decent. I ordered it without cheese and got a low fat balsamic vinaigrette on the side. I don't like a lot of dressing so as long as it is an oil based and not cream base dressing I don't worry too much. I know it has more sugar than I would like, so a little drizzle is about all I need.

I got the salad back to my office, picked out the fatty pieces of bacon, added about a tablespoon of dressing, shook it up and went to town. My first big bite reminded me of why I don't go to Panera that often anymore...I hate their chicken. Seriously, the chicken drives me nuts. I always seem to get weird pieces that are anything but a good piece of meat. It is so depressing. I used to love Panera, but that was when I ate bagels and the black bean soup. Sandwich places have become much more difficult and I try to avoid them at all costs unless they have a decent salad. Some people love Panera chicken. I am not one of those people. I remembered why today.

Now I sit here in a bit of bind. Luckily, I have about 3 oz of roasted chicken in my office fridge for a snack later today with some almonds. This is exactly why I like to prepare my own food and bring it to work. I know exactly what I am getting and I know I will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment