Monday, March 8, 2010

Sectionals Week!

The week is upon us. This Saturday and Sunday I will be competing in the South Central Sectional along with many other men and women from CFJ. What does that mean for my diet this week? Clean, clean, clean! I plan on keeping my carb portion a bit higher for some added energy...of course this will come in the form of fruits and veggies. I'm planning on having a beautiful taco salad for dinner tonight. Lean beef, greens, avocado, tomatoes and salsa. Yum yum. I'll be grilling up another few pounds of chicken to get me through lunches and snacks.

It is getting close to fruit season. I've been lucky to find some really great blueberries my past few trips to the store. I think blueberries are one of the most fantastic fruits out there. I try to have them on hand whenever they are good. Grapefruits are also a staple of my diet. I wish I mixed it up more sometimes, but hey, I like what I like. I can't help it!

Last night we had some great grilled chicken and zucchini noodles. My husband has become obsessed. I used four zucchinis for the two of us and it was barely enough to satisfy him! I'm so excited he loves them. Pistachios are still a new favorite of mine. I need to find some good raw pistachios in bulk. I can only find them in mixes right now, which of course is fine too. I'm planning on getting lots of rest this week and just taking care of my body in general. There are some nasty colds and stomach flu bugs going around. I'm keeping my hands washed, staying hydrated and running as fast as I can in the opposite direction of sick people!

So do I plan on splurging a bit after sectionals? This might surprise you, but YES! I've always loved ice cream. It is something I really miss when I'm being strict with my diet. I'm planning on treating myself a perfect ice cream treat Sunday evening. I'm looking forward to my sweet treat!

I'm so excited about competing and cheering on the rest of our crew. I think we're going to make a great showing. Everyone has put in a lot of hard work. It is about to pay off!

No comments:

Post a Comment