Thursday, September 17, 2009

Baked Walnut-Cinnamon Apples

It is becoming apple season. This time of year apples are amazing. My mom used to make these all the time when I was growing up. I love baked apples. I am going to try this recipe out for a fun dessert in the next week. I might even try it out tonight to eat as a treat during The Office premier!

Baked Walnut-Cinnamon Apples
4 apples
1 c raisins
1/4 c walnuts
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp natural vanilla extract
1/2 c water

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Core and pierce apples with a fork in several places around the center, to prevent them from bursting. Mix raisins, nuts, cinnamon and vanilla in a small bowl. Fill center of each apple with mixture. Place in a glass baking dish and pour water into pan. Cover with foil and bake for about thirty minutes or until tender. Serves four.

No comments:

Post a Comment