Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Cookies!...and Other Stuff

I saw this website on Son of Grok's site today. Caveman cookies! Sweet! I might have to try some.

In other paleo news, I fell off the wagon on Sunday. It was deliberate and premeditated. I went to my future sister in law's bridal shower. I enjoyed pistachio cookies (amazing) and mini strawberry shortcakes. I didn't let myself feel guilty. I just enjoyed it and moved on. I didn't feel completely horrible afterward and the rest of the I ate very clean. It is so wonderful to have been able to make the transition from super strict paleo to occasionally adding in non paleo items. Of course, the sugary treats remain very minimal and only during very special occasions. That sugar fix should last me quite awhile. Back to lean meats and veggies!

Speaking of veggies, I can tell such a difference in my body since I have increased my veggie intake. It is amazing. I'm holding steady at about two servings of fruit at day and veggies with every meal and as snacks. Cucumbers have become my best friend. I love that crunch! I've also been getting at least eight hours of sleep a night for the past few weeks. I can honestly say I have never felt better. Sleep is a marvelous thing. I hope all of you are getting enough of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment