Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm Not Sure What Just Happened...

...but I totally fell of the wagon.

First mistake, I went to Merritt's for lunch with co-workers. Today is bring your daughter to work day so I tagged along with a group to celebrate the day. Merritt's, by the way, is an extermlely wonderful bakery in the Tulsa area. They have great little lunch deals. I got a turkey club wrap sans ranch dressing. I got the low carb wrap. There were no salads and I could have eaten everything minus the wrap, but I was in a wrapy kind of mood. At least they had a low carb option although still not a great choice on my end.

Here is where it gets bad....

Merritt's gives you free dessert with lunch. Yes, I should have just said, "I don't need the cake." I didn't. I let them give it to me. I didn't know what kind it was. I'm not a huge cake fan so I was fairly optimistic that I wouldn't eat it. To my displeasure they gave me the one and only kind of cake I can. not. turn. down. Lemon cake.

Let me tell you about me and the lovely lemon. We love each other. I L.O.V.E. citrus. Lemon is my favorite. Lemon bars, lemon cake, lemonade....extremely hard for me to turn down. Thankfully it was a small piece and I only took about four bites. I threw the rest away. I had a few nibbles and felt satisfied.

Once I got back to the office a media rep/friend of mine stopped by just to say hi and thanks for the business. I buy media for a living. It's fun. One "perk" is that reps bring me treats occasionally. Today this particular rep brought me a really cute bowl filled with Jelly Belly jelly beans. Seriously? Jelly Belly's are my favorite. Jelly beans in general give me goosebumps. That is all I ever wanted in my Easter basket. My dad has a Jelly Belly machine on his desk at home. It is a family affair. Anyway, that just did me in. I grabbed a couple and then removed it from my line of sight. Hopefully my co-workers will eat the rest of them before I see them again. There is no telling what might happen...

What do you do when you have these kind of days? I'm not going to beat myself up. I enjoyed everything I ate. Maybe I needed a little splurge. The next few days I'll keep it good and clean to get back on track. No Larabar for me today. The ironic thing is the flavor I have in my purse right now....lemon.

Happy Land Run day!

4 comments:

  1. Wow. We are on the same page with desserts. Lemon anything and I'm a sucker. We should brainstorm on how to make a paleo-friendly lemon bar. Even my wedding cake was lemon, much to everyone else's dismay. Tonight is a free meal for Cole and me and I plan to savor EVERY bite I take. So, you aren't alone today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginny, if it makes you feel any better I had Merritt's for lunch yesterday too. I had a lowcarb wrap sandwhich & lemon cake. I ate all the iceing off my piece and the two pieces that my kids received :-) I love me some lemon cake too!! Great minds think alike :-)
    ~Paige

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ginny! You're making me hungry for Merritt's cream cheese cannoli. As you know, I don't do paleo, but try to maintain a pretty healthy diet. I avoid Merritt's at all costs because I cannot resist those cannoli. I am powerless in their presence.

    I'm glad you have such a healthy attitude about it and don't beat yourself up over it.
    It was just one day, and perhaps you did need the splurge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If eat lemons will I be amazing like Ginny and Paige? I should try it.

    ReplyDelete